Additional Course Details
Our Administrative Support Certificate Program is a great first step towards any entry-level office support position. Learn to navigate computer software, as well as email, the internet, and social media platforms.
Course Tracks Under Administrative Support:
Information Literacy & Technology: This course will introduce you to keyboarding, basic computer skills, and social media & digital foot printing. Specifically, this course will use the following software & curriculum:
- Edutyping is an online software designed for teaching basic typing skills needed to complete academic work via word processing, as well as prepare you for potential entry level positions where typing is a requirement. The curriculum follows a standard keyboarding instructional format where you are introduced to new keys based on frequency of use in the English language.
- Northstar Digital Literacy Certificate is an online assessment designed to assess students’ knowledge of various basic computer tasks, including basic computer use, internet, word processing (Word), Microsoft Operating System, and email.
IC3 Global Standard 5 (GS5) Digital Literacy Certification: Technology is integrated into almost every aspect of our lives whether we are simply updating a social media account or managing complex IT tasks. IC3 Digital Literacy certification is a credential that is designed to remain relevant in this ever changing world of technology. IC3 GS5 includes skills that apply to any career pathway or post-secondary school environment and is ideal for anyone seeking to enhance or validate their digital skills.
Benefits of the IC3 GS5 Digital Literacy Certification include:
- It’s a portable credential that is valued anywhere
- Provides individuals with tools needed and credentialing for not just employment, but a career.
- Strong foundation of skills for pursuing higher education
Ready to Begin the Administrative Support program?