YWomen Start It Up!
The YWCA NCA has partnered with the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE), a national online platform that activates the entrepreneurial mindset, teaches essential career and business startup skills, all of which prepare adult learners for the dynamic future of work. In this course, you will develop an entrepreneurial mindset as you build and test your own business ideas to create a viable business opportunity.
The YWomen Start It Up! Program is a suite of educational curriculum and activities designed to start you on your way to becoming an Entrepreneur while also enhancing your financial, computer and basic literacy skills. You will learn how to build a business model for your idea, pitch it, and launch it.
- Coaching and mentoring over a 12-week period, as well as case management, transportation assistance and possible financial support to help you start a business.
- Small group & one-on-one instruction.
- Twice a week classes (at minimum) with an agenda, required reading, and assignments due for each week.
- Lessons and assignments help build pieces of your business plan.
- Resources and templates help build and pitch your business plan
Take control of your life and pursue your dreams by learning how to think and act entrepreneurially in business and in your life!