YWomen in the Trades (YWIT)
The goal of the YWIT program is to expose more women to the non-traditional trades. We want more women placed in apprenticeship programs and jobs. Women only make up 14% of active apprentices and only 4% of the workforce in construction trades. The average salary for workers in the trades is $50 – 70K, according to Salary.com 2023. Through this program, you will receive help preparing to pass entrance exams, interviews and the job application process.
What to Expect:
- Weekly workforce development classes
- Job-related technical instruction
- Structured on-the-job learning w/ accredited apprenticeship partners
- OSHA 10 certification for basic on the job safety
- Career guidance and assistance w/passing apprenticeship entrance exams
- Performance incentives
Discover, Explore, Train and Work in the Trades!