Work for Yourself@50+ is a 2 hour workshop to help you gain the knowledge, support, and resources you need to make informed decisions about working for yourself and taking the right first steps toward successful self-employment. The decision to start your own business can be both exciting and scary. If you’re considering self-employment, you may not know where to start.
Work for Yourself@50+ workshop and toolkit guides you through a process to determine if self-employment is right for you. We will walk you through five steps that will help you:
- Explore Your Options: understand the different types of self-employment and determine which one is right for you.
- Find Your Focus: determine your area of interest by working through exercises and checklists
- Create a Plan: explore start-up considerations, strategies and preliminary steps to successfully
transition into self-employment.
- Avoid Pitfalls: understanding common mistakes, potential scams, and red flags.
- Find Support: get guidance on finding the best services and supports that can help you be the most
Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email that provides information about our location and how to get there.
As a registered participant, you will receive by physical mail, a copy of the Work For Yourself@50+ 5 Simple Steps Toolkit. Please ensure that you use your desired mailing address when completing the registration.
Questions? Email Aleathia Adams at email@example.com. Thank you!