EXPAND YOUR JOB OPPORTUNITIES
We are excited to offer a variety of career services and workforce development opportunities for our students. These services assist students in developing marketable skills that will lead to sustainable careers and encourage self-sufficiency over time. Our services include:Individualized Career Planning
- Virtual Job Shadow
- Virtual Job Shadow is a tool we use to track our students’ goals and store their employment materials such as résumés, cover letters, and job applications! It also has several excellent lessons on employability and academic skills.
- DC Networks Registration Assistance
- The YWCA NCA helps its students register and access DC Networks. The DC Networks website assists DC resident job seekers with locating local employment opportunities and allows employers to access jobs and résumés. DC residents can also access education, training, and labor market information to help make an informed decision about career interests.
- Virtual Job Shadow
- Resume Writing & Interview Coaching
- The YWCA NCA provides instruction and resources to assist students with creating a resume or revising their current resume to ensure it reflects the appropriate skills, knowledge and abilities required for the job.. Students also improve interview skills by participating in mock interviews.
- Industry-Specific Career Preparation & Training
- YWCA NCA provides Career Services to ensure students are knowledgeable and have skills that are needed to find and sustain employment. The CETC also provides necessary support to maintain employment. These services are mandatory. Career assessments are given through YWCA NCA’s Career Education and Training Center. The CETC also assists with searching for job opportunities, applying for jobs, and preparing for interviews.
- Case Management
- At YWCA NCA, your success is our success. We recognize that each student is a unique individual with unique challenges and barriers to education and employment.. Our Case Manager is available to you for referrals, support, and problem solving according to your needs. Referrals are for services including housing, mental and physical health, substance abuse and recovery, legal assistance (including expungement of records), utility assistance, and more.
- Financial Literacy
- Through YWCA NCA’s financial literacy program, students will learn, understand and effectively use various financial skills, including personal financial management, and budgeting.