Events & Upcoming Activities with YWCA National Capital Area
We look forward to meeting you! Take a look at our upcoming events, activities, and special courses and workshops. Click the “more” button for each date for expanded information.
Join us on March 30 at 12 pm for a virtual screening & lunchtime discussion of “Without a Whisper,” a short documentary that sheds light on the hidden history of Haudenosaunee women and their impact on the women’s rights movement.
We will be hosting a virtual screening of the film (details will be shared soon!) but we ask that you RSVP to reserve your space. RSVP here!
Questions? Reach out to Sarah Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are excited to announce that registration is now open for YWCA’s Racial Justice Challenge, which kicks off on April 17!
What is the Racial Justice Challenge?
The Racial Justice Challenge is the action component of YWCA’s Until Justice Just Is campaign (formerly Stand Against Racism), which runs the month of April. Previously known as the Stand Against Racism Challenge or 21-Day Racial Equity and Social Justice Challenge, the YWCA Racial Justice Challenge was developed by YWCA Greater Cleveland in 2019.
How does it work?
- The challenge will run from April 17 until May 15!
- For four weeks each weekday, participants will complete daily challenge activities online via website or app.
- Challenges include things like reading an article, listening to a podcast, reflecting on personal experience and more. Within this unique virtual learning community, we encourage you to connect with one another each week!
- YWCA National Capital Area will also hold space on social media each Thursday for a check-in about that week’s topic.
- Follow hashtags on #YWCARacialJusticeChallenge #UntilJusticeJustIs #UJJI to engage with our community during April & the Racial Justice Challenge.
What are this year’s topics?
- Each week covers a different topic related to equity and social justice. This year’s topics are: Disability, Housing, Mental Health & Music.
- We will share more about each topic in the coming weeks!
Wow! I’m excited to get started in April! How do I sign up?
- It’s easy! Create an account and sign up here: https://bit.ly/
- Once you set up your account, PLEASE fill out the pre-challenge survey (located under the Welcome-Start here tab!) Be sure to select YWCA National Capital Area as your community YWCA in the survey.
- Starting April 17, you can complete the daily challenges via website or app. To use the app, download them using the following links:
We must work collectively to root out inequity in our communities and in our institutions — because working toward true #RacialJustice takes all of us.
Questions? Reach out to Sarah Graham at email@example.com.