We are very excited to welcome the following speakers to our Stand Against Racism Rally on April 23 from 12-3 pm:
- Melanie Campbell, CEO, National Coalition on Black Civic Participation
- Alma Couverthie, National Organizing Director, League of Women Voters
- Monica Gray, CEO, YWCA National Capital Area
- Margaret Mitchell, CEO, YWCA USA
- Elizabeth Schmelzel, Senior Attorney, CAIR Coalition
- Zillah Wesley, DMV Mobilization Coordinator, The Poor People’s Campaign (DC)
- Akosua Ali, President, NAACP DC
- Nia 2X, President, National Action Network (NAN) DC
- Rose Brunache, Board President, DC NOW (National Organization for Women)
- Takina Wilson, Vice President of Health Programs, Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington, DC
- Jillian Burford, Communications Coordinator, Serve Your City/Ward 6 Mutual Aid
- Kevin Cramer, Co-founder and Director of Community Engagement, The Palm Collective
- And others!
The Rally will begin at approximately 12 pm, followed by a community fair until 3 pm. The event is free and all are invited to attend. Join us!
We Can’t Wait: Equity and Justice Now!
Need a rally sign? Bring your own sign or use one of ours! You can purchase #SignsAgainstRacism from our YW EmpowerShop or at our office, 2303 14th Street NW, Suite 100.