“We cannot walk alone. And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead. We cannot turn back.”–Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
On this day in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., we invite you to commit to a 2022 filled with actions that move our country forward towards equity and justice for all.
This year, we hope you pledge to:
- Register to vote & vote in midterm elections.
- Call your representatives and urge them to pass federal voting reforms today. Review the YWCA legislative priorities here.
- Volunteer with us and other organizations who support our mission to eliminate racism & empower women.
- Tell your friends and family about our programs including our educational opportunities for adults and youth mentoring programs, EmpowerGirls & EmpowerSTEAM.
- Join us for upcoming advocacy activities, which kick off in February with Black History Month.
Together and in service of others, our communities can thrive. Together, we will march ahead, make a difference, and create a more just and equitable world for all.